On the second edition of The Scouting Report, I dive into a tweet that made me feel old about life events being more important than football games, dissecting infamous entrepreneur Gary Vee’s content model, what I learned from my first show, first trip to Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge PLUS SO MUCH MORE!
See below for the timestamps…
‘The Scouting Report’ Show Notes
In a brand new show, I dive into my first episode of what Bonjour with Blythe is supposed to be about: the wins, losses, and lifestyle around being a present-day entrepreneur.
Contrary to popular belief, freelancing and entrepreneurialism are not all working out of coffee shops and taking insta-friendly vacations. There are real challenges (and tears!) involved with running your own business. But there are also a lot of perks; which I hope to share both sides of the coin in this monthly Scouting Report show.
Don’t worry–if you’ve liked the content I’ve done over the last nine months, that’s not going anywhere and will continue to be published on this feed. I simply needed a place dedicated to a business/marketing focused show where I write, record, and publish all myself. I’ll also mix in a few Jaguars related topics (read: gripes) here and there too because a girl needs a creative outlet that doesn’t involve hair, makeup, and getting your nails done.
Check out the timestamps to each segment below along with links to stories discussed:
Life Events >>> Football (intro)
- This is the article I wrote waaaaaaay back when football was the most important thing in my life. Now at 35 years old, I know that article was a little naive. But turns out it might be a “wiser with age” thing. At least that’s what I’m going with at the moment.
Voxnest’s study on the top money-making podcast categories (12:36)
- Here’s a link to a quick Twitter discussion I had with the Voxnest team. Their study is linked in the original tweet. But for the lazy.
Gary Vee’s Content Model (17:45)
- Here is the video where we pulled the audio quotes from.
- And here is a link to the 86 page content model deck that Gary and his team use.
What I learned from putting together my first show (29:37)
- Here’s a BTS breakdown of what it took to bring my first (new) show to life.
Podcasters Meetup (33:10)
- How to get started with podcasting if ya trying to get your own show started!
Hive Con (38:05)
- Recap video coming soon! But check my Instagram Story Highlights under “Hive Con” to see a quick rundown.
The Logistics of Logistics Interview (41:31)
- If you’re in the transportation and logistics industry, I was on “The Logistics of Logistics Podcast” with host Joe Lynch. Here’s a recap on my other site, Digital Dispatch, where we talk about marketing trends in the industry specifically when it comes to inbound lead generation.
Disney Trip Bitches! (45:47)
- I haven’t been back to Disney since February and YA GIRL IS HEADED TO STAR WARS’ GALAXY’S EDGE NEXT WEEK.
- While I’m taking the bf this time, here’s some #content from previous trips to the happiest place on earth.
- Bonus Han Solo cosplay!
Bonus Video Footage
I used to livestream on the YouTube for years. But since my brand switch, I wasn’t sure if I’d still post to this channel but I’m happy to announce that all future Scouting Report shows will have a video element to them in addition to being audio first.
To clear up any confusion, personal/vlog content will live on this channel. My trucking/logistics content will live on the Digital Dispatch channel. And any how-to/educational marketing content will live on the official company account.
Why the different channels? Because we trying to dominate that YouTube algorithm! Plus serve content that makes sense to that audience on their respective channel.
Submit Your Marketing//Website Questions
Have a website/marketing question you’d like to get answered? Shoot me a message on Twitter or Instagram or submit to the BRAND NEW PODCAST PAGE (at the bottom) and I’ll get them answered on the next show.
The post Life events >> Football, Gary Vee’s Content Model, and Top Money Making Podcasts appeared first on Bonjour with Blythe.