Running into a creative block is a given with most career choices. But trying to overcome a creative block while you’re dealing with uncontrollable global stressors like COVID19?!?! That just seems like the cruelest double whammy–which most folks are dealing with right now.
Suffering through it myself, I wondered how are creative blocks started and how can you move past them?
I share some tips on how I’ve been coping with overworked stress + global pandemic stress to work past my creative blocks in hopes it might help anyone else facing this same conflict.
Listen to the podcast or watch the video of the latest episode below:
Tips + Links Mentioned During the Video
- My favorite ‘Work From Home‘ tips to keep you productive (and sane!)
- Back to the drawing board: How to plan your content marketing (which everyone will have to rework their plan for a post-rona world) with 4 lessons that I’ve learned from a decade of creating content.
- The optimistic Manufacturing Report from Inbound Logistics I found super encouraging.
- The supplements from Amazon I talked about that have personally helped me:
- More creative block insight:
- 5 Easy Ways to Overcome Creative Block (this one was really good from an artist’s perspective)
- From TEDxBarcelona, Kandarp Mehta explains How to Overcome Blocks to Creativity
- If you’re looking for a good book to calm the mind, I’ve been a little obsessed with learning about ancient human societies–especially since my trip to Peru. Graham Hancock explores this topic and challenges what you think you know about the human race in “Magicians of the Gods“
And because Gandalf should be a beacon of hope to anyone. Here’s one of my favorite quotes where he talks about the simple and everyday acts of kindness and love that keeps the darkness at bay.
Keep looking for the helpers. Keep hope alive. Do something nice for someone else. And be nicer to yourself.
The post How I’m Overcoming Creative Blocks During COVID19 appeared first on Bonjour with Blythe.